[rspec-users] ZenTest autotest now handles RSpec, yay!

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 00:59:00 EDT 2007

On 4/13/07, Josh Knowles <joshknowles at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/13/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm actually pretty close to finishing Autospec - a port of autotest
> > to RSpec (although for the time being it only works for standalone
> > projects).  I should probably be done with this standalone version in
> > a week or so.
>
> While I definitely appreciate you taking the time to add standalone spec
> support, is there any reason you are forking this as opposed to just
> submitting a patch to Ryan?  He has put in quite a bit of effort in the
> extensibility of Autotest, I'd hate to see that forked.

I agree that we should extend rather than replace. The trick is to
figure out what belongs in Autotest and what belongs in RSpec. It
seems to me that everything related to specific commands and
directories should live in RSpec and pretty much everything else
belongs in ZenTest.

I haven't had time to look to see if this is already doable but it
might be. I'll take a peek this coming week.

David