[rspec-users] ZenTest autotest now handles RSpec, yay!

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 18:22:37 EDT 2007

On 4/13/07, Nick Sieger <nicksieger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/13/07, Matt Aimonetti <matttemp at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Josh Knowles http://joshknowles.com/ just let me know that ZenTest Autotest
> > 3.50 now handles your RSpec specs.
> >
> > http://blog.zenspider.com/archives/2007/04/zentest_version_350_has_been_released.html
> >
> > That's a great news.
>
> That's awesome, I had no idea Ryan was even planning to do anything
> with it.  David and I were conversing about putting it in RSpec
> proper, because I hadn't heard anything.  No need now!

Well, there might be a need. There are some things that have already
changed in RSpec 0.9 that cause this to not work properly (there is no
longer a -s option, for example), and not all of the dirs for rails
are accounted for (it doesn't pay attention to the view spec
directories, for example). I'll see if I can work w/ Ryan to come up
w/ a good separation of responsibilities for what should stay in
ZenTest and what should be defined directly in RSpec.

David