[rspec-users] specing class methods

Courtenay court3nay at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 14:30:02 EDT 2007

> 1. How do I spec out class methods? (please point me to docs, if
> any.  I can only find class level specing on "partial mocks" (of
> rails class objects)

This doesn't work?

  Autotest.spec!(:run)

or do you perhaps want to return a proc that gets called?

> 2.  How can I tell that new.run has been called, without saying
> should_receive(:new) and should_receive(:run) in separate specs?

If you want instance method stubs, that's handled by mocha but AFAIK
not rspec. Mocha does it something like

  Autotest.any_instance.stubs(:run)

This'd be a great rspec feature (or maybe I just couldn't find it).
Or maybe you want to do it more like

  test = Autotest.new
  test.should_receive(:run)

I don't know about the rest, still learning :)