[rspec-users] RSpec part of two (count 'em, two) GSoC projects

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Thu Apr 12 19:06:38 EDT 2007

Some of you guys may know I thought about signing up for this.  I
didn't sign up, because Rubinus seems to already have a pretty mature
spec library (at least for core).  Why can't this be used for the
other implementations?

Or is the focus on writing drivers for those implementations so that
all of the specs can easily be run against multiple implementations?

I didn't understand this, nor how a VM works  (and still understand
neither), so I ended up never signing up.  I even talked to David
Black and he didn't have any insight on this point, so am I missing
some big piece of the puzzle?

As far as I can tell, BDD should be used for development, hence the
name Behaviour Driven *Development*.  So aren't these specs just
going to be used to develop rubinus (mainly for the stdlib)?  Once
these are mature, then the porting should be easy, shouldn't it?

Best,

Scott Taylor