[rspec-users] Test if view renders appropriate partial?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 11:45:07 EDT 2007

On 4/12/07, Chris Hoffman <bosshoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> First off, thanks for taking the time to investigate this problem.
> This group has been fantastic in this respect.
>
> The thing that I keep tripping over is the passing of locals.  I am
> trying to do the following, as the blog post indicates:
>
> setup do
>  #...
>  @controller.template.stub!(:local_var).
>     and_return { puts "got called"; @local_var_stub}
> end

I'm confused about your goal here. Let's say you have two partials:
_level1 and _level2. If you're trying to specify that _level1 renders
_level2 using a mock, you would do what's in Jake's post and my recent
example in this thread. In this case, _level2 is never actually
rendered because the mock intercepts the call.

If you're trying to specify that _level2 interacts with a variable,
then you should describe the behaviour of _level2 directly in its own
example.

Does this make sense? If I'm not getting it, please post the whole
example so I can see everything you're trying to do.

Thanks,
David