[rspec-users] Test if view renders appropriate partial?

Chris Hoffman bosshoff at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 08:55:12 EDT 2007

  I am testing out a partial that calls another, general purpose
partial as part of its processing.  Is there a class I can mock in
Rails views to accomplish what I need?  That is, could I do something
like the following:

SomeClass.should_receive(:render).with(:partial => "foo", :locals => {
:bars => bars })

I tried breakpointing the view, and it looks like I am greeted by an
anonymous class, which I am unsure how to mock.  Thanks for the help.