[rspec-users] redirection doesn't get detected well?

Matthijs Langenberg mlangenberg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 17:58:29 EDT 2007

Thanks for the hint David, when I looked at response.body I saw the
following HTML passing by:

<pre>OrderProduct expected :find with (:first, {:conditions=>
{:order_id=>3, :product_id=>6}}) but received it with (:first,
{:conditions=>{:order_id=>"3", :product_id=>"6"}})</pre>

Which makes totally sense since params["order_id"] and
params["product_id"] indeed are String objects instead of Fixnum
objects, however, shouldn't this expectation error raise earlier and
make that expectation fail instead of the response.should be_redirect
expectation?