[rspec-users] Having some trouble with rspec on rails.

Hugh Bien bienhd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 21:55:26 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble with RSpec on Rails.  Specifically, whenever I
run the specs separately they're fine:

spec spec/controllers/*.rb
spec spec/models/*.rb

Or if I run them with TextMate..., but whenever I use the RCov Rake
task from the RSpec page (or if I run all the specs together) I get

rake rcov
spec spec/*/*.rb
spec spec/models/*.rb spec/controllers/*.rb

The failures seem to be happening due to NoMethodErrors like
render_template doesn't exist, or everything coming back from
assigns[:symbol] is nil.  But that only happens when I run ALL the
specs in one command.  Oddly enough, running just the controller specs
or just the model specs produces no failures/errors.

Has anyone had issue or knows how to fix it?

I'm running on RSpec 0.8.2 and the same plugin version.