[rspec-users] changes in 0.8 and greater - should_

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 17:48:10 EDT 2007

On 4/9/07, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/9/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the info, Aslak.
> >
> > What is the appropriate form of render in the view specs to use?
> >

> RSpec doesn't have code without specs, so if you don't find it in the
> docs, the best place to look is the specs
>
> > Doing something like this:
> >
> > render "users/1/terms"

Actually it's not the right form. In view specs you want to specify
the filesystem path to the template from the app/views directory. So
if you want to describe app/views/users/index.erb, you would say:

  render 'users/index.erb'

We haven't set out to support markaby specifically, so please report
any related bugs in the tracker.