[rspec-users] changes in 0.8 and greater - should_

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 16:43:24 EDT 2007

On 4/9/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:

> Has the should_... syntax changed?  I'm getting errors when running
> the following:
>
> should_render(:index)
> should_be_valid
> should_not_be_valid
> should_respond_to
> should_be
> should_render

Object now only gets monkeypatched with two methods: should and should_not.
should_anything_else will no longer work.

> I  thought the syntax changed to something like the following:
>
> obj.should render(:index)

Syntactically, yes. But the API has changed too, so now you must say:
response.should render_template(:index)

See doc/output/rdoc-rails/index.html
(rspec_on_rails/lib/spec/rails/matchers.rb RDoc) and
example_rails_app/spec/controllers/people_controller_spec.rb for
details.

Aslak