[rspec-users] ANN: RSpec 0.9.0 beta-1 available for download.

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 18:07:55 EDT 2007

On 4/6/07, s.ross <cwdinfo at gmail.com> wrote:
> spec_translator does a good job with recent specs, but ones written
> in the more sugary days still require a bit more editing. E.g.,
>
> foo.should.be.valid
>
> Not translated as:
>
> foo.should be_valid
>
> and
>
> foo.should.not.be.valid
>
> Not translated as:
>
> foo.should_not be_valid

Sugar == underscores instead of dots, so that's actually pre-sugar.
We officially ended support for dots way back on 8/9/2006 when we
released RSpec 0.6.0. If that syntax is still working with 0.8 it is
not intentional.

There is no plan to support this w/ the translator.

> Also, changes to semantics of "be" make:
>
> foo.should be(true)
>
> fail, where:
>
> foo.should ==(true)
>
> succeeds.

The translator should convert this:

  foo.should be(true)

to this:

 foo.should equal(true)

If it's not doing that it's definitely a bug, in which case please
report it to the tracker.

FYI - In 0.9 you can write either equal(true) or be_true, but the
translator uses the former.

Thanks,
David