[rspec-users] rake w/rspec

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Sun Apr 1 15:49:50 EDT 2007

On Apr 1, 2007, at 3:23 PM, aslak hellesoy wrote:

> On 4/1/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
>>
>> How can I spec out a rake task?
>>

> I haven't tried it myself, but I would look at Rake's own unit tests
> to see how they do it.
>
>> How can I use rake in my spec's?
>
> Do you mean invoking a Rake task? Either by spawing a child rake
> process (not recommended since it's slow) or by instantiating a task
> object directly and invoking it via  Rake's API.
>
>> I want to fix this rake
>> spec:autotest bug with --drb and --color.  How can I get rake output?
>>

> I think you'd get better Rake questions on the Rake mailing list.

>> How would I get out of autotest?  My initial thought is just to run
>> the command in the spec.
>>

> I don't understand the question. Get out of?

Escape out of autotest.  Usually with autotest you hit CTRL-C to run
all of the tests (again).  Hitting Control-C twice gets you back to
the command line.

This is actually a bug w/ rspec_autotest, because CTRL-C also shuts
down rake.  rspec_autotest is run through rake, so to re-run all of
your specs (not just the failing ones), you will have to exit the
application and run it again (even though autotest claims otherwise).

Aslak, Thanks for the input on rake.