[rspec-users] rake w/rspec

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 15:23:41 EDT 2007

On 4/1/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:

> How can I spec out a rake task?

I haven't tried it myself, but I would look at Rake's own unit tests
to see how they do it.

> How can I use rake in my spec's?

Do you mean invoking a Rake task? Either by spawing a child rake
process (not recommended since it's slow) or by instantiating a task
object directly and invoking it via  Rake's API.

> I want to fix this rake
> spec:autotest bug with --drb and --color.  How can I get rake output?

I think you'd get better Rake questions on the Rake mailing list.

> How would I get out of autotest?  My initial thought is just to run
> the command in the spec.

I don't understand the question. Get out of?

Aslak