[rspec-users] --color doesn't work with --drb w/rspec_autotest

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Sun Apr 1 11:16:15 EDT 2007

On Apr 1, 2007, at 11:03 AM, David Chelimsky wrote:

> On 4/1/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
>>
>> If I got this to work, do you think we could/should check in
>> rspec_autotest into rspec?
>>
>> I've updated rspec_autotest abit, so let me know if you'd like the
>> modified code.
>>
>> Scott
>
> This is an interesting idea but I want to coordinate w/
> rspec_autotest's author first. I'll get back to the list after I hear
> back from him.
>
> David

Yeah - I believe I tried to email him and the email on his blog was
broken.

I know that he was trying to integrate this with autotest.  Last I
checked (a few days ago), Autotest has a bug in its tracker relating
to rspec_autotest.  So maybe this piece of software belongs in autotest.

If "getting the names right" is as a big of a deal as you guys claim
it is, then the tool should properly be labeled "autospec".  Or maybe
just "ln -s" it.

As for the red/green issue - someone else on the mailing list claimed
that they could use drb w/ color - so it would be interesting to hear
exactly what their configuration is (what rspec/rspec_on_rails setup
they have).

Out of my own curiosity (and also for fixing the autospec bug), how
is the red/green color generated in rspec?  Or rather, can you point
me to the code that does so?  I've only been able to find the opts(--
color) line in the runner.

And finally a third thing: I'm almost done over-hauling the doc
system to use webgen 0.4.2.  I'll post the code to the tracker when
I'm done with that.

Scott