[Rspec-users] RSpec, REST and different formats

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 12:46:34 EDT 2006

On 10/28/06, Jeff Dean <jeff at jefdean.com> wrote:
> Is anyone using RSpec with RESTful rails apps?  In my rails controllers I
> check request.respond_to? and render different views accordingly.
>
> I noticed that the get method in the rails plugin doesn't accept headers:
>
> controller_mixin.rb line 92
> def get(action, parameters = nil)
>         @request.env['REQUEST_METHOD'] = 'GET'
>         process action, parameters
> end
>
> Has anyone found a way around this?

Hi Jeff. We're getting ready to release a new version of the plugin so
now is a good time to at least consider addressing this. Can you write
an example of how you'd want to be able to write the spec (and
controller code) for a restful get request? Don't worry about how
rspec would do it. I just want to know what you want it to do.

Thanks,
David