[Rspec-users] subject.should_be true

Sam Livingston-Gray geeksam at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 00:01:23 EDT 2006

If :should_be is intended to be used with :foo? methods, it seems like
it should only accept booleans.  Besides, :should_equal will still be
consistent with Ruby's equality semantics, right?  So you'd have the
option of using either:

3.should_equal true #=> true
3.should_be true #=> false

In the first case, you're being consistent with Ruby, but in the
second, you're not only saying that something should evaluate to true,
you're actually saying "this should *be* true."

-Sam