[Rspec-users] DRb delays using rails_spec_server?

Jay Levitt lists-rspec at shopwatch.org
Sun Oct 15 04:44:22 EDT 2006

I've been successfully using rails_spec_server for some time.  Somehow,
in the process of deleting and recreating my rspec directory a few times
for SVN (or, less believably, in the process of building SVN 1.4.0 and
its dependencies), something got hosed.  Now, script/rails_spec takes
5-10 seconds to get past DRb.start_server.  This is on a fast Windows
machine under cygwin.

Anyone ever run into this?  strace is way too voluminous to help here.

Jay Levitt