[Rspec-users] String.should_hav_tag

Micah Martin micah at 8thlight.com
Wed Oct 4 10:44:01 EDT 2006

I've just upgraded to rspec 0.6.4 and several specs were broken.  All
for the same reason.  String.should_have_tag doesn't seem to be
supported any longer.

It used to be possible to write assertions like:

response.body.should_have_tag :tag => "form"
or

But these fail with 0.6.4.  The documentation still suggests this
should work.

I was able to solve the problem by adding the following to my spec
files:

class String
   include Spec::Expectations::TagExpectations
end

Micah Martin
8th Light, Inc.
www.8thlight.com