[rspec-users] view specs with partials

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 19:05:57 EST 2006

On 11/29/06, Mathias Biilmann Christensen <info at mathias-biilmann.net> wrote:
> Great to finally having view specs work with edge rails!
>
> To bad I can't actually use them, since I use helper methods in my
> views. Has anybody gotten calls to helper methods to work in view
> tests under Rails 1.2 RC1?
>
> Currently I get "undefined method `crumbs' for #<#<Class:0x340b70c>:
> 0x340ab40>" when the view is calling the crumbs helper (<%= crumbs
> (@var) %>)
>
> Hope there's a solution out there!

There IS!!!!! Incomplete though they are, the specs are the best
source of documentation for questions like this. Take a look at
vendor/plugins/rspec/spec/view_spec_spec. It has the answer to your
question. I'll give you the highlights, but check out the spec if
you're unsure of anything:

context "/some/template" do
  setup do
    render '/some/template', :helper => :some_other #_helper will get appended

OR, if you need more than one:

context "/some/template" do
  setup do
    render '/some/template', :helpers => [:one, :another, :yet_another]

Cheers,
David