[rspec-users] view specs with partials

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 18:40:12 EST 2006

On 11/28/06, Micah Martin <micah at 8thlight.com> wrote:
> When I first learned about the View specs I was very excited.  I still am.
> However, I haven't found them useful yet for one reason.  They throw the
> following exception when ever a view renders another view, which is very
> common.
>
> ActionView::TemplateError in 'Event View message'
> No rhtml, rxml, rjs or delegate template found for
> spec/rails/view_spec/_info
>
> I'd really like to be able to write view spec but this is holding me up.
> Has anyone else bumped into this wall?  Is there something I'm missing?
>
> Micah

Hey Micah,

Check out http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=6903&group_id=797&atid=3149
which is a bug report I filed for the same issue.

Basically in the mean time, just do
render :partial => "controller_name/partial_name"

So like if the partial is named "person" and it's under the "people"
views dir, it'd be
render :partial => "people/person"

That'll work until we get it fixed in the plugin.

Pat