[rspec-users] view specs with partials

Micah Martin micah at 8thlight.com
Tue Nov 28 17:48:50 EST 2006

When I first learned about the View specs I was very excited.  I
still am.  However, I haven't found them useful yet for one reason.
They throw the following exception when ever a view renders another
view, which is very common.

ActionView::TemplateError in 'Event View message'
No rhtml, rxml, rjs or delegate template found for spec/rails/
view_spec/_info

I'd really like to be able to write view spec but this is holding me
up.  Has anyone else bumped into this wall?  Is there something I'm
missing?

Micah