[rspec-users] Focused Specs/Tests in Non-Textmate editors

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 18:58:38 EST 2006

On 11/10/06, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/9/06, Brian Takita <brian.takita at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wrote a script that runs a focused spec/test from the filename and line
> > number.
> > I bound this to an external tool in my Idea environment.
> >
> > http://weblog.freeopinion.org/articles/2006/11/04/focused-unit-test-spec-script

Another noteworthy piece of news is that it's now much easier to
launch RSpec from Ruby without having to spawn a new ruby via the spec
command:

# Facade to run specs without having to fork a new ruby process (using
`spec ...`)
# Runs specs. +argv+ is the commandline args as per the spec
commandline API, +stderr+
# and +stdiout+ are the streams output will be written to, +exit+
tells whether or
# not a system exit should be called after the specs are run and
# +warn_if_no_files+ tells whether or not a warning (the help message)
# should be printed to +stderr+ in case no files are specified.
Spec::Runner::CommandLine.run(argv, stderr, stdout, exit, warn_if_no_files)

So with a little more work in RSpec you could just call that, passing
in --line as part of the args.

Aslak