[rspec-users] Focused Specs/Tests in Non-Textmate editors

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 18:50:45 EST 2006

On 11/9/06, Brian Takita <brian.takita at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I wrote a script that runs a focused spec/test from the filename and line
> number.
> I bound this to an external tool in my Idea environment.
> http://weblog.freeopinion.org/articles/2006/11/04/focused-unit-test-spec-script

Very cool. I think we should add a -l --line option to the spec
command to make this an inherent feature of RSpec. It would make tool
integration much easier. I implemented similar functionality in
RSpec.tmbundle (see my patch to Luke Redpath's code - spec_mate.rb
that I sent to the rspec-devel "Running specs with TextMate bundle"
thread yesterday).