[rspec-users] Hi everybody! Greetings from sunny Columbus, OH!

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 06:03:06 EST 2006

On 11/9/06, Chad Humphries <chad at theedgecase.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone, I just wanted to drop onto the list and say hi.  My
> name is Chad Humphries and I am a partner at a ruby and rails shop in
> Columbus, OH called EdgeCase.
>
> Up until two months ago we were doing all of our dev work in
> test:unit.  I had read about RSpec before and after hearing Jim
> Weirich speak at the Columbus Ruby Brigade about similar ideas I
> decided to give it a go for a personal project.  Finally a framework
> that works the way I think for testing!

Ooops. Typo. I think you meant "behaviour driving my code" ;-)

> I quickly used my advanced
> powers of peer pressure to get Joe, Ken and Aaron at the office to
> look at it.  We are now doing all new development on RSpec for rails.

That's awesome. Joe told me the same. (We're both ex-ThoughtWorks colleagues)

> I've been actively involved in the past in many projects such as
> log4net/j, ibatis, and others.  Consider this my hello email and
> notice that I will try my best to submit patches, documentation, and
> general feedback in the upcoming days and weeks to help this great
> framework.

Sweet. Although spec/rails has got some serious love lately I expect
that that's where most of the effort will be in the near future. If we
could get help cutting down on the RFEs and bugs recorded at RubyForge
that would be great.

Cheers,
Aslak