[rspec-users] include Helper in context?

Jerry West jerry.west at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 8 03:44:13 EST 2006

> Is this a view spec or a helper spec? If it's a view spec, it must be
> in a views directory:

It's a view spec and it is now in spec/views/account/login_spec.rb; but
still fails :-( . I also do not know what is actually performing the
render - what should I be examining in the debugger?  I've looked at
self (within specify) and extended it manually with the helper module
but to no avail.

I have also tried this:

class X
  include StandardHelpers
end

context "Given a fresh login" do
  include StandardHelpers

  specify 'the account/login view should ask for the user\'s email' do
    X.new.should_respond_to 'title'
    render 'account/login'
    response.should_have_tag 'hi', :content => 'Login'

which still fails on the render but (presumably) the
"X.new.should_respond_to 'title'" has worked which at least shows that
StandardHelpers are available to be included.

Weird.

BTW:

setup do
  self.extend(StandardHelpers)