[rspec-users] Should Selenium support be doing rollbacks?

Jay Levitt lists-rspec at shopwatch.org
Tue Nov 7 17:53:21 EST 2006

Jay Levitt wrote:
> Now that 0.7.0 is forcing me to write properly compartmented specs, I
> thought I'd give the "dead easy Selenium support" a try.
>
> Is it supposed to all the things that rspec normally does for me, or is
> it just for using rspec-like grammar to surround Selenium tests?
> Specifically, should it roll back the database between specifications?

No, Jay, because there's no way it could possibly wrap the test in a
transaction when the test is being executed by a different process...

That does leave the question of "how do I test things that create unique
records when I can only do that once?", but that's a generic Selenium
question, I suppose, not an rspec one.

Jay