[rspec-users] rspec_autotest no longer re-runs tests with rspec 0.7.5

Daniel Manges daniel.manges at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 11:26:43 EST 2006

In my opinion the rspec_autotest plugin needs quite a bit of work.  At a
minimum it should be using the Inflector for pluralization.
Example from current revision (r47):

def tests_for_file(filename)
    case filename
    when %r%^spec/fixtures/(.*)s.yml% then
      ["spec/models/#{$1}_spec.rb",
       "spec/controllers/#{$1}_controller_spec.rb"]

If I have a model City with fixtures cities.yml, rspec_autotest is going to
try to run spec/models/citie_spec.rb and
spec/controllers/citie_controller_spec.rb

Nick, do you have plans on improving this?

Thanks,

Dan Manges