[rspec-users] New command line options

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 23:15:17 EST 2006

I have just committed some changes to the spec command line addressing
the following shortcomings:

* drb-based spec running (fast-running rails specs) couldn't be used
from spec/rails' rake tasks or RSpec.tmbundle
* coloured or any other standard spec command line options could not
be passed to spec/rails' rake tasks

These shortcomings are now history. Options can now be passed to the
spec command via the --options switch. The default spec/rails rake
tasks now use this, so you can tweak RSpec's behaviour by editing your
RSpec-enabled Rails project's spec/spec.opts file.

Further, the --drb command line switch makes fast-running specs
accessible both from Rake and from the RSpec.tmbundle (TextMate
plugin) via the TM_RSPEC_OPTS variable.

Most of this is already described in the upcoming website docs. I'm
planning to publish some screencasts soon. They will cover both RSpec
basics as well as some of the more advanced features that have been
added recently.

Cheers,
Aslak