[rspec-users] How to keep mocks consistent?

jshen jaydonnell at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 00:42:08 EST 2006

The benefit you get from using mocks and stubs to isolate the small
parts of the system from other parts in a test is that your
tests/specs run FAST!

This is the big draw for me. One of my current rails projects is taking
around 20 minutes to run the non integration tests. This is way to long for
the reasons you point out. I also love the rspec syntax and mock/stub
features. I've only been playing with rspec for the past day and a half so
I'm probably hitting all the usual beginner hiccups.

p.s. - the rspec site/documentation is excellent. You guys did an amazing
job on that. the mocks/stubs could use some complete examples (i.e. use in
an actual spec) :)