[rspec-users] Edge RSpec on Rails...what did I forget?

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 23:20:30 EST 2006

On 12/20/06, brian ford <brixen at gmail.com> wrote:
> David,
>
> I've been developing on edge rails for months and using rspec plugin
> (latest release, updating as soon as another is released) for at least
> one month and rarely have trouble.
>
> If you can, I'd say do it because it may flush out stuff that wouldn't
> be seen otherwise. If it really breaks, you can always revert to last
> release (unless you can't live without edge features, which is why I
> use it).
>
> One thing I do, I link to a particular version of edge, not just
> trunk. That way I can update it when convenient.

I know RSpec may not officially be keeping up with edge rails, but
they do a very good job of it regardless.  I use edge everything, so
when something breaks I try to get a patch in as well.

If you want to use rspec entirely without any hassles, it's probably
best not to use edge.  Use the latest rspec, freeze rails to a certain
revision, and develop away.  If you don't mind the occasional problem,
use edge everything, because it'll help us make rspec better.

Pat