[rspec-users] Edge RSpec on Rails...what did I forget?

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 05:47:48 EST 2006

Started a new Rails project, and installed RSpec and the Rails plugin
vendor/plugins/rspec (svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/trunk/rspec) - 1332
vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails
(svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/trunk/rspec_on_rails/vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails)
- 1332

Generated the rspec file, created a model...the spec runs fine if I do
ruby spec/models/foo_spec.rb.  Running rake though gives me the

Your RSpec on Rails plugin is incompatible with your installed RSpec.

RSpec          : 0.7.5 (r1330)
RSpec on Rails : r1332

error.  So apparently it's looking at the gem rspec instead of the one
I installed in my plugins folder.  I've got an existing Rails app that
uses edge RSpec, so I updated it to see if it broke, but it runs fine.
 I'm really really confused, I can't tell what the difference is.
Both apps are at the same revision, there's nothing special about the
config, but the old app works fine and the brand new one doesn't.

Any clues on what to do?  I don't remember doing anything special to
get RSpec working.  Just really confused now.

Pat