[rspec-users] Testing has_many :through

Lourens Naude lourens at rentacarhire.com
Tue Dec 12 21:54:03 EST 2006

Hi,

Instead of assigns[:member].projects.size.should_be 1 use assigns
[:member].projects.count.should_be 1
AR associations is returned as enumerable (Array) where
Enumerable#size wouldn't force a DB query with the recent association

association.count forces roundtrip to the DB, effectively dealing
with your line #2 in the process.

Just a thought, works fine for me with #count, been using Rspec since
0.7.2 on Edge and most of these little quirks/errors occur at a
higher level than Rspec itself.

- Lourens