[rspec-devel] Exit code with --drb

Jo Liss joliss42 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 14:57:54 EST 2011

Hey everyone, I just wanted to ping the list about the "exit code with
--drb" problem.  (I'm not proposing a solution, so feel free to just
ignore me. ^_^)

When you run "rspec --drb spec/" (to access a Spork server), rspec
will return 0 even when the tests fail.  Elliot Winkler wrote about
this in Sep 09, but nobody replied:
http://groups.google.com/group/rspec/browse_thread/thread/08e08718cc54ce1d/e872cf108fae5671

Cucumber used to have the same problem, and apparently they were able
to fix it relying on some change in Spork 0.5.1:
https://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211/tickets/355-exit-code-is-always-0-with-drb-despite-failure
(commits are linked)

Grepping the RSpec code and spec for 'drb' scares me sufficiently to
not just get hacking on this -- but perhaps someone out there
appreciates the pointers.

--
Jo Liss
http://opinionated-programmer.com/