[rspec-devel] Specs for problems involving interop with other mocking frameworks

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:13:52 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Matt Patterson
<matt-lists at reprocessed.org>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to write a failing spec for a problem which only occurs when
> mocking under Mocha (and potentially the other non-rspec frameworks) in
> rspec-rails.

I saw your lighthouse ticket about this, and I'm a bit confused about what
you're trying to achieve. Mocha does not have a should_receive method, so if
you're using mocha, you shouldn't expect should_receive to work. Ideally
you'd get a NoMethodError on should_receive, but if there's anything that's

Can you help me understand the use case?