[rspec-devel] Specs for problems involving interop with other mocking frameworks

Matt Patterson matt-lists at reprocessed.org
Wed Jan 6 14:33:17 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a failing spec for a problem which only occurs when mocking under Mocha (and potentially the other non-rspec frameworks) in rspec-rails.

I'm not sure what the best way to deal with this is. Ideally, I'd just re-run the existing RenderObserver-related specs in spec/rails/example/view_example_group_spec.rb and the whole spec/rails/matchers/render_template_spec.rb under Mocha, but I'm not sure what the best way to do that is. I mean, I could just `load` the files in and monkey with the config before running them probably through a cuke feature, but that seems kind of icky.

Suggestions gratefully received.

  Matt Patterson | Design & Code
  <matt at reprocessed org> | http://www.reprocessed.org/