[rspec-devel] ticket #921: "Fix for git.rb to make Rakefile work"

Matt Patterson matt-lists at reprocessed.org
Tue Jan 5 13:36:05 EST 2010

On 5 Jan 2010, at 16:22, David Chelimsky wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Matt Patterson <matt-lists at reprocessed.org> wrote:
>> I've just had a look at this because I got bitten by Rake raising an error before running any tasks in rspec-dev when I nuked my repositories and re-forked because I was so out of date.
>> https://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645-rspec/tickets/921-fix-for-gitrb-to-make-rakefile-work
>> That's all fine, but I now notice that all_repos_clean? checks you're on the master branch
>> Is the check for master needed? Is it maybe only needed in certain circumstances?
> I *think* I had that in there because I accidentally pushed a topic branch that I didn't want to push once. Maybe if we add a warning with a yes/no prompt when you go to push and one of the repos is off master. WDY?

How about set an environment var (or use the newish rake args?) to ignore the branch?

    rake git:update IGNORE_BRANCH=1

It sounds like my use case for losing it is less common and less risky than yours for keeping it.

I'll add a fix to my topic branch and update the lighthouse ticket if you're up for it...

  Matt Patterson | Design & Code
  <matt at reprocessed org> | http://www.reprocessed.org/