[rspec-devel] [cucumber] lib/cucumber/rails/world.rb redefining ActionController::Base#rescue_action

Zach Dennis zach.dennis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 21:03:28 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Matt Patterson
<matt-lists at reprocessed.org> wrote:
> On 24 Mar 2009, at 23:04, Zach Dennis wrote:
>
>> 2009/3/24 aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com>:

>> I usually comment those things out in rails/world.rb in cucumber.
>
> That's what I wound up doing
>
>>> There is currently no way to turn off that default. Can you provide a
>>> patch
>>> (or a suggestion) that will let users optionally turn off the current
>>> behaviour?
>>
>> A discussion was originally brought up here:
>>

>> http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211/tickets/49-cucumber-and-rails-controller-error-handling
>>
>> I apologize for not being proactive on my end, so far taking out the
>> offending lines on rails/world.rb has worked fine.
>

> Interesting - I think it should definitely be configurable from Cucumber,
> rather than reuse the RSpec config - I want rescue_action bypassed in RSpec
> and honoured in Cucumber...
>
> I've had a bit of a poke around and think I can do something along the lines
> of Cucumber::Rails.use_transactional_fixtures
>
> I'll submit a patch to that Lighthouse ticket in the morning.

I don't know if you have already, but be sure to read through the
related RSpec ticket:

   http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/85-11818-have-mode-for-rails-error-handling

The discussion on that ticket evolved over time and has some good
thoughts that ultimately ended up in RSpec. I think some of those same
considerations would do a Cucumber patch good.

--
Zach Dennis
http://www.continuousthinking.com