[rspec-devel] [cucumber] lib/cucumber/rails/world.rb redefining ActionController::Base#rescue_action

Matt Patterson matt-lists at reprocessed.org
Tue Mar 24 20:11:32 EDT 2009

On 24 Mar 2009, at 23:04, Zach Dennis wrote:

> 2009/3/24 aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Matt Patterson
>> <matt-lists at reprocessed.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyway, sorry to sound so whingey. Like I said: if there's a genuine
>>> problem this approach solves, I'll find a new idiom and shut up.
>>> Otherwise,
>>> can this be changed?
>
> I usually comment those things out in rails/world.rb in cucumber.

That's what I wound up doing

>> There is currently no way to turn off that default. Can you provide
>> a patch
>> (or a suggestion) that will let users optionally turn off the current
>> behaviour?
>
> A discussion was originally brought up here:
>
> http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211/tickets/49-cucumber-and-rails-controller-error-handling
>
> I apologize for not being proactive on my end, so far taking out the
> offending lines on rails/world.rb has worked fine.

Interesting - I think it should definitely be configurable from
Cucumber, rather than reuse the RSpec config - I want rescue_action
bypassed in RSpec and honoured in Cucumber...

I've had a bit of a poke around and think I can do something along the
lines of Cucumber::Rails.use_transactional_fixtures

I'll submit a patch to that Lighthouse ticket in the morning.

Matt

--
   Matt Patterson | Design & Code
   <matt at reprocessed org> | http://www.reprocessed.org/