[rspec-devel] [ANN] rspec 1.2.0 Released
dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 15:25:39 EDT 2009
rspec version 1.2.0 has been released!
Behaviour Driven Development for Ruby.
### Version 1.2.0
* If you use the ruby command to run specs instead of the spec command, you'll
need to require 'spec/autorun' or they won't run. This won't affect you if
you use the spec command or the Spec::Rake::SpecTask that ships with RSpec.
* require 'spec/test/unit' to invoke test/unit interop if you're using
RSpec's core (this is handled implicitly with spec-rails)
* setup and teardown are gone - use before and after instead
* you can still use setup and teardown if you're using
Test::Unit::TestCase as the base ExampleGroup class (which is implicit
* The matcher protocol has been improved. The old protocol is still
supported, so as long as you're not monkey patching rspec's built-in
matchers, or using extension libraries that do, this should not affect
you. If you run into trouble, you'll just need to change:
* failure_message => failure_message_for_should
* negative_failure_message => failure_message_for_should_not
* All references to rubygems have been removed from within rspec's code.
* See http://gist.github.com/54177 for rationale and suggestions on
alternative approaches to loading rubygems
* BaseTextFormatter#colourize - use colorize_failure instead.
* BaseTextFormatter#magenta - use red instead.
* cleaner integration with with heckle-1.4.2
* allow registering example groups with a path-like key (Pat Maddox)
* start DRb service at "druby://localhost:0" (Hongli Lai) - See
* consistent reporting of errors as failures
* added spec/test/unit as more intuitive path to loading test/unit interop lib
* added explicit autorun feature for running specs with ruby command
* added handling for does_not_match? for matchers that want to know
the context in which they were called
* lots of ruby 1.9.1 compatibility fixes from Chad Humprhies
* improved feedback from
* added --format silent (l) option, which is now the default when
running --heckle (Bob Aman)
* sexy new custom matcher creation (Corey Haines & David Chelimsky -
initial concept by Yehuda Katz)
* improved matcher protocol - old one is still supported, but new
one is cleaner and prefered
* bug fixes
* support delegating operator matchers to subject with should_not
* all arguments are included if --drb is specified in spec.opts
(Neil Buckley). Closes #671.
* added --autospec option hack (used internally) to get --color to
work when using --drb and autospec.
* Fixed mock framework failure message bug in which similar calls
were excluded from the output
* cryptic error message on change.rb when the from value is wrong
(Michael Murray). Closes #706.
More information about the rspec-devel