[rspec-devel] getting rspec-rails specs to run on ruby 1.9

lasitha lasitha.ranatunga at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 11:53:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 9:07 PM, lasitha <lasitha.ranatunga at gmail.com> wrote:
> Specifically, if i pop the test-unit gem off the $LOAD_PATH at the top
> of rails_suite.rb as follows:
> $:.delete '/usr/local/ruby1.9/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/test-unit-2.0.2/lib'
> ... then the specs will run (they're all failing, but one thing at a time :).

A quick follow up:  I noticed i had two versions of test-unit installed:
2.0.2 - the latest release i got by default
1.2.3 - after realizing rspec asks for this specific version.

Uninstalling 2.0.2 gets the specs running  (no need for the $:.delete
mentioned above).  Ruby 1.9 was obviously loading the latest on
startup and then rspec was loading 1.2.3 explicitly and that can't be

I'm now wondering if i'm barking up the wrong tree... Is it likely
that many of us have multiple versions of test-unit installed?

Back to digging...