[rspec-devel] getting rspec-rails specs to run on ruby 1.9

lasitha lasitha.ranatunga at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 11:37:49 EDT 2009

Hello all, i'm looking into getting the rspec-rails specs running on ruby 1.9.
The specs not being run at all seems to be related to 1.9 loading
rubygems on startup.

Specifically, if i pop the test-unit gem off the $LOAD_PATH at the top
of rails_suite.rb as follows:
$:.delete '/usr/local/ruby1.9/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/test-unit-2.0.2/lib'

... then the specs will run (they're all failing, but one thing at a time :).

Another way to demonstrate the ruby 1.9 difference is to run it with
the --disable-gems flag.  This will also cause the specs to run.

I will keep digging but wanted to put that out there in case it helps
in the meantime.

I should also say this is my first foray into rspec[-rails] code, so i
may be way off.  Pointers appreciated.