[rspec-devel] [ANN] rspec-1.2 release candidate

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 11:30:37 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Matt Patterson
<matt-lists at reprocessed.org> wrote:
> [I'm resending this since it hasn't appeared after 2 days, sorry if anyone
> gets it twice]
> On 19 Feb 2009, at 14:38, David Chelimsky wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:56 AM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hey fellow behaviour-drivers,
>>> rspec-1.2 and rspec-rails-1.2 are just about ready, but I'd like to
>>> get some feedback from the field before the release. Would the
>>> adventurous among you kindly grab the latest github gems ( as
>>> of this email) and check 'em out? I'm hoping to release rspec-1.2
>>> shortly after rails-2.3.1 is released.
> Excellent. I'll be checking them out shortly.
> I was browsing through the source on Github and noticed that
> spec/rails/extensions/action_controller/base.rb is gone. The only thing that
> had in it was a modification to allow overriding of the view lookup path
> (AC::Base.set_view_path). I've been using that a lot to spec some plugins
> which ship with working-example boilerplate views, to keep those views in
> working order.
> I also have an open bug (with patches with specs) -
> http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/628 - on that method.
> (I was sitting down to write a follow-up to the list when I saw the
> announcement.) Is there any chance we could keep this method? It would make
> writing good specs for complex plugins easier out of the box.

That method was there because rails 1.x and 2.x handled view paths
differently. Now that rspec-rails only supports rails 2.x, I didn't
need it to handle conditions any longer.

Any reason you can't just use AC::Base.prepend_view_path directly in
your plugin specs?

> Anyway, I'm looking forward to the release, and I've been enjoying seeing
> the codebase evolve :-)

Thanks! Me too :)