[rspec-devel] [ANN] rspec-1.2 release candidate

Matt Patterson matt-lists at reprocessed.org
Sat Feb 21 13:59:55 EST 2009

[I'm resending this since it hasn't appeared after 2 days, sorry if
anyone gets it twice]

On 19 Feb 2009, at 14:38, David Chelimsky wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:56 AM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>> Hey fellow behaviour-drivers,
>> rspec-1.2 and rspec-rails-1.2 are just about ready, but I'd like to
>> get some feedback from the field before the release. Would the
>> adventurous among you kindly grab the latest github gems ( as
>> of this email) and check 'em out? I'm hoping to release rspec-1.2
>> shortly after rails-2.3.1 is released.

Excellent. I'll be checking them out shortly.

I was browsing through the source on Github and noticed that spec/
rails/extensions/action_controller/base.rb is gone. The only thing
that had in it was a modification to allow overriding of the view
lookup path (AC::Base.set_view_path). I've been using that a lot to
spec some plugins which ship with working-example boilerplate views,
to keep those views in working order.

I also have an open bug (with patches with specs) - http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/628
  - on that method. (I was sitting down to write a follow-up to the
list when I saw the announcement.) Is there any chance we could keep
this method? It would make writing good specs for complex plugins
easier out of the box.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the release, and I've been enjoying
seeing the codebase evolve :-)

   Matt Patterson | Design & Code
   <matt at reprocessed org> | http://www.reprocessed.org/