[rspec-devel] [ANN] rspec-1.2 release candidate

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 01:56:05 EST 2009

Hey fellow behaviour-drivers,

rspec-1.2 and rspec-rails-1.2 are just about ready, but I'd like to
get some feedback from the field before the release. Would the
adventurous among you kindly grab the latest github gems ( as
of this email) and check 'em out? I'm hoping to release rspec-1.2
shortly after rails-2.3.1 is released.

[sudo] gem install dchelimsky-rspec
[sudo] gem install dchelimsky-rspec-rails

Notable changes include:

== rspec

* lots and lots of refactoring - internals are getting cleaner and leaner
* substantially works with ruby-1.9.1, though there are still some issues
* cleaner integration with the new heckle 1.4.2 release
* require 'spec/test/unit' to run your T::U tests w/ rspec and start
refactoring them to code examples
* require 'spec/autorun' to run examples with the ruby command

== rspec-rails

* supports rails 2.0.5, 2.1.2, 2.2.2, 2.3.0, edge (as of release time)
* config.gem actually works now
* example groups are all subclasses of rails test classes (instead of
just Test::Unit::TestCase or ActionController::TestCase)
* spec_server fixes! - it pretty much works now for all supported
versions of rails
* bypass_rescue in controller specs for granular specification of action errors

You can see more complete release notes at:

And upgrade notes for rspec-rails at: