[rspec-devel] rspec.rake hackery

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 10:30:04 EST 2009

Hey all,

I've added some hackage to lib/tasks/rspec.rake to alleviate an
assortment of problems related to scenario when you have already run
'script/generate rspec', but  you don't have rspec installed or

I've posted gems up at github:

sudo gem install --source http://gems.github.com dchelimsky-rspec

The current version is (following in cucumber's seed-steps)

If any of you feel so inclined, it would be very helpful if you would
install those, run script/generate rspec (making sure to let it
overwrite both script/spec_server and lib/tasks/rspec.rake) and let me
know what works and what doesn't work.

I'd also welcome any feedback on the hackage in rspec.rake. It's ugly,
yet I am quite proud of it, all things considered.