[rspec-devel] module-reference error (scoping?) on Rails 2.1.2

Peter Fitzgibbons peter.fitzgibbons at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 12:22:07 EST 2009

HI All,
Could you view this log http://pastie.org/384945

This only fails on Rails 2.1.2.
2.3.0 and 2.2.2 pass.

It looks like ruby + 2.1.2 is failing to properly execute the raise on these
(forgive any path typo... I wrote that from memory during editing)

  def rescued_error_action
    raise RescuedError

  def other_error_action
    raise UnRescuedError

I tried changing the methods to this and pre_commit then runs successfully.
  def rescued_error_action
    raise ControllerSpecController::RescuedError

  def other_error_action
    raise ControllerSpecController::UnRescuedError

Question to you : have you seen this?  Do you agree the change to
rspec_rails spec/resources/controllers/controller_spec_controller.rb is
reasonable to workaround teh brain-damaged Rails 2.1.2?
Why would the original scoping fail in 2.1.2 yet pass in 2.2.2 and 2.3.0 ?

Am I brain-damaged?

Thanks for your help!

Peter Fitzgibbons
(847) 687-7646