[rspec-devel] Cucumber - mailing list?

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Tue Sep 16 22:04:01 EDT 2008

Pat Maddox wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:16 PM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Scott Taylor
>> <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
>>> Aslak (or David, Pat, or one of the other project admins) -
>>> Could we create a new mailing list for cucumber?
>> Why would you want a separate mailing list? We've already got one too many :)
> Yeah, I actually like having cucumber stuff on here.  Acceptance
> testing is a critical part of BDD, and even if cucumber never gets
> merged into rspec (though I hope it does), it's nice having a one-stop
> shop for Ruby BDDers.
> Pat
+1 for keeping the lists the same.  I think the rspec-users list is a
great resource for ruby people learning BDD in general and a lot of
non-specific rspec questions are answered all the time.  By splitting
the list I think we would be diminishing the number of contributors to
those types of questions.. and in the end, like Pat said, it is all part
of the bigger BDD picture.  When cucumber emails are answered the
example framework is usually brought up and vice-versa.. so it just
seems natural to keep them on the same list.