[rspec-devel] Cucumber - mailing list?

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 21:35:49 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Scott Taylor
<mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2008, at 9:16 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Scott Taylor
>> <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Aslak (or David, Pat, or one of the other project admins) -
>>>
>>> Could we create a new mailing list for cucumber?
>>
>> Why would you want a separate mailing list? We've already got one too many
>> :)
>
> Well, honestly I was never a big fan of the Story Runner, and found it quite
> annoying to be getting lots of mail on a subject I cared nothing about, and
> didn't sign up for.

Set up a filter to automatically move them to the trash?

> Now I am interested in Cucumber so it's not that big of a deal, although it
> seems sort of strange that everyone is titling their subjects "Cucumber:
> ..." instead of just posting to a cucumber mailing list.

Well, people always say 'story runner' in their titles also.  It's a
consequence of RSpec being several frameworks in one (developer
testing, customer testing, mock objects).  But that's one of RSpec's
main selling points for me.  It's a fully integrated BDD stack, and
modular enough that you can pick and choose the parts you want.

Pat