[rspec-devel] Pulling the story runner out of rspec/rspec-rails

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 09:56:46 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 6:27 AM, Chad Humphries
<chad.humphries at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey again,
> I've been working on my fork of RSpec recently and I have removed
> story runner a few different ways.  I can pull it out into it's own
> gem fairly quickly, although the gem will require a little more of my
> time to make it prim and proper for public consumption.  My question
> is this, do you still want the story runner pulled out into a separate
> gem?  I'm not interested into maintaining it long-term, but I do have
> some time to take care of the extraction and hand off to whomever
> would like to.

This is definitely in the plan. I wasn't planning to tackle it until
later this year, perhaps early '09, but if you can get it working and
clean and simple (so there is a separate rspec-stories gem), then I'd
be glad to release it sooner.

Thanks for the effort!