[rspec-devel] New spoken language support for cucumber

Dan North tastapod at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 04:56:49 EDT 2008

A few years ago the Thai government sponsored a fork of Firefox to support
the Thai language. The Firefox core team felt the changes necessary to
support Thai would be disproportionate relative to the user base so they
didn't want to have the changes in the core. Because they are using
distributed SCM they have found it is easy to keep the two forks in sync and
share common bug fixes and enhancements.

If the changes required for Chinese language support are straightforward I
suggest we adopt them into the mainline, otherwise we could have a similar
collaborative model where there are different "flavours" of cucumber based
on the various regional language rules.

wdyt?
Dan